This mudra strengthens the breathing impulse in the solar plexus and balances the energies in this area. It stimulates the wood element, which represents new beginnings, and the earth element, which gives life its depth.
Matangi Mudra is exercised with folding hand in front of the solar plexus or stomach area.
How To Do
- Fold your hands in front of your solar plexus (stomach area)
- Point both middle fingers and place against each other.
- Direct your attention to the breath in the solar plexus or stomach area. Do as needed, or three times a day for 4 minutes.
Matangi Mudra Benefits
- This mudra strengthens the breathing impulse in the solar plexus and balances the energies in this area.
- Matangi mudra facilitates the heart, stomach, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas and kidneys.
- Activates solar plexus and digestion.
- This mudra helps to induce the wood element which is the representation of new beginning and the earth element which is the representation of the intensity of life.
- Practising this mudra helps to relieve vague pain and tension in the jaw.